Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Prioritize your Operations please!

During my PhD I'm planning to research how nonprofits that prioritize their operations are more effective at achieving their missions!! Sounds great, but in reality there are so many other priorities within nonprofits that push operations off the list. So, the majority of the time nonprofits tend to waste a lot of money fixing operational problems that could have been avoided. I'm not saying that operations should always be the first priority--I am simply saying it should be a priority. So, before you make another appointment in your very busy day think, what am I avoiding? Updating the personnel manual? Adding my special event to my insurance policy? Assessing my cash flow situation? Then complete that important operational task and avoid costing your organization more money.

No comments: