- Millennials will have 10-14 jobs by the time they are 38.
- 1 in 4 millennials have been in a job less than 1 year.
- Millennials are 1/3 of the US population.
- They spend 170 billion a year.
- They appreciate family values and volunteer.
- 28% author a blog.
- 30.4% volunteer.
- 25% of San Diegans Volunteer
- 28% of the US population volunteers
- 1 in 3 nonprofits do not do background checks of their volunteers.
- 1 in 8 nonprofits do not screen their volunteers or check references.
Dovia has chapters around the country and provides ongoing training for nonprofits on best practices for volunteer management. Volunteer management is often avoided and overlooked by many nonprofits, however volunteers keep nonprofits thriving and surviving so it is important to invest in creating and maintaining a healthy volunteer program.
I thought these statistics and tips were very helpful -- do you have any interesting tips for managing volunteers that aren't listed here?