Friday, March 13, 2009

Rejection can be a good thing

A couple of months ago I submitted the paper "Using Organizational Theory Metaphors to Solve Nonprofit Issues" to present at a nonprofit academic conference and it was recently rejected. This was the first time I was rejected to present at a nonprofit academic conference. Surprisingly, I wasn't upset by this rejection because four people reviewed the paper I wrote and provided me with really helpful comments and suggestions to improve the paper.

The reviewers appreciated my topic choice and the argument I was trying to make but they provided suggestions on content and structure that would make my paper stronger. These suggestions helped me to think about my paper in a different way and for that I am appreciative of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice brief optimistic and helpful reminder that perspective is everything! I'm sharing the link via Twitter in hopes that others will appreciate it as well!