Thursday, July 16, 2009

Alliance for Nonprofit Management Conference - Amazing Resource

I finally made it to the Alliance for Nonprofit Management Conference! I've wanted to attend this conference since I started working in the nonprofit sector. There are so many amazing organizations in the room, I am eager to meet everyone!!

As a recap: The Alliance for Nonprofit Management is the professional association of individuals and organizations devoted to improving the management and governance capacity of nonprofits - to assist nonprofits in fulfilling their mission.

The attendees at this conference consist of national Management Support Organizations (MSO) like CompassPoint, TransitionGuides, LaPiana & Associates to local management consultants.

This morning was the Alliance's annual membership meeting followed by a yummy networking lunch. At lunch the Alliance presented their annual Community Impact award to the Hawaii Community Foundation for their innovative work with Hawaii community organizations. I just started following HCF on twitter, awesome updates!! HCF is going strong even during this economic downturn.

This afternoon I'll post notes from the break-out/professional development workshops I attend. In the meantime check out Virginia of Volunteer Vancouver post about yesterday's Management Support Organization (MSO) workshop day.

No comments: