Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Time Management and Some Nonprofit Studies

I was just notified by my fellow Doctoral student that my blog is pathetic. :) Yep, I've become the blogger that I never wanted to be. I am too darn busy.

I am trying to balance school, work, family and still manage to have a social life. Things I am learning about time management.

1. Create a schedule and stick to it.
2. It is ok to say no.
3. Delegate, Delegate, Delegate.
4. Make time for me time.

In addition, since I love nonprofit resources and research I will share about two studies that I learned about this week thanks to all the listservs I subscribe to. These studies I learned about from Philathropy News Digest (PND).

Foundation Leaders Inconsistent in Their Use of Strategy, Study Finds
PND states, "A disconnect exists between what foundation CEOs and program officers believe about the importance of strategy in making decisions and their actual use of it in their daily work, a new study from the Center for Effective Philanthropy finds."

&

Nonprofits Contribute Significantly to Gross Domestic Product, Study Finds
PND states, "The civil society sector contributes as much to the gross domestic product in a wide range of countries as the construction and finance industries, and twice as much as the utilities industry, a new report from Johns Hopkins University finds."

No comments: